Beacon of Hope brings hope to women living with and affect by HIV/AIDS within poor communities by empowering and equipping them to meet their spiritual, physical, emotional and economic needs.
Description of Work & Ministry
Focus Points/Highlights of Ministry:
- To assist women infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in poverty reduction through sustainable income-generating activities.
- To provide training and appropriate business skill to women affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.
- To provide counseling services, support groups, and pastoral care to such women.
- To assist orphans and children of infected parents with education and health services, as well as conducting HIV/AIDS prevention among vulnerable children, mobilizing the community to respond to children orphaned by AIDS, and providing for their physical and social needs.
- To provide short-term food relief to those affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.
- To facilitate and strengthen such women’s accessibility to available resources through networking with other bodies and agencies addressing HIV/AIDS.
- To influence changes in the legal, cultural, and economical structures and practices that lead to discrimination of women infected with HIV/AIDS.
- To assist in the establishment of home-based care programs within the community where said programs do not exists, by way of partnerships with organizations that are already involved in said programs.
- Give thanks for the strategic direction that God has given us for the period 2018 – 2022. Pray for resources, right partnerships as we begin executing this Strategy.
- Pray for the Beaconnettes; 6 Organizations that Beacon of Hope is intentionally mentoring as part of Beacon reaching wide.
- Pray for resources as we embark on expanding the Health Care center to include an inpatient section.
- Pray for Education section teams as we transition into the new Kenyan curriculum.
- Pray for the Beacon of Hope senior leadership, management, and staff that we may continue serving with excellence.
- Website: beaconafrica.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for their newsletter: email@example.com
- Facebook Page
Learn About the Location:
Nairobi is Kenya’s capital city. In addition to its urban core, the city has Nairobi National Park, a large game reserve known for breeding endangered black rhinos and home to giraffes, zebras and lions. Nairobi is also often used as a jumping-off point for safari trips elsewhere in Kenya.