Beacon of Hope brings hope to women living with and affect by HIV/AIDS within poor communities by empowering and equipping them to meet their spiritual, physical, emotional and economic needs.
Focus Points/Highlights of Ministry:
- To assist women infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in poverty reduction through sustainable income generating activities.
- To provide training and appropriate business skill to women affect and infected by HIV/AIDS.
- To provide counseling services, support groups, and pastoral care to such women.
- To assist orphans and children of infected parents with education and health services, as well as conducting HIV/AIDS prevention among vulnerable children, mobilizing the community to respond to children orphaned by AIDS, and providing for their physical and social needs.
- To provide short term food relief to those affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.
- To facilitate and strengthen such women’s accessibility to available resources through networking with other bodies and agencies addressing HIV/AIDS.
- To influence changes in the legal, cultural, economical structures and practices that lead to discrimination of women infected with HIV/AIDS.
- To assist in the establishment of home based care programs within the community where said programs do not exists, by way of partnerships with organizations that are already involved in said programs.
(The term “women,” includes women that are infected with HIV/AIDS, women who maybe negative but whose spouses are suffering from HIV/AIDS or have dies of the same, and women who are caring for HIV/AIDS patients.)
- Give thanks for the strategic direction that God has given us for the period 2018 – 2022. Pray for resources, right partnerships as we begin executing this Strategy.
- Pray for the Beaconnettes; 6 Organizations that Beacon of Hope is intentionally mentoring as part of Beacon reaching wide.
- Pray for resources as we embark on expanding the Health Care centre to include an inpatient section.
- Pray for Education section teams as we transition into the new Kenyan curriculum.
- Pray for the Beacon of Hope senior leadership, management and staff that we may continue serving with excellence.
- Website: beaconafrica.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for their newsletter: email@example.com
- Facebook Page
Learn About the Location:
Nairobi is Kenya’s capital city. In addition to its urban core, the city has Nairobi National Park, a large game reserve known for breeding endangered black rhinos and home to giraffes, zebras and lions. Nairobi is also often used as a jumping-off point for safari trips elsewhere in Kenya.