Scott and Tina provide eye care to the poor and displaced of Ethiopia (and sometimes, Somalia) through their eye care center, Myungsung Christian Medical Center.
Focus Points/Highlights of Ministry:
- Expansion of the eye hospital and providing sight-saving care and spiritual ministry to unreached people groups.
- Discipleship of the staff, residents and medical students at the eye hospital.
- Local medical outreach among the poor and displaced in collaboration with a church-planting ministry (Mavuno Addis).
- Continued prayer for our M* patients for whom we are providing ongoing surgical care – many of them travel more than 400 kilometers to see us. For open spiritual doors to their families and communities.
- That our ministry and training among the resident physicians would continue to grow and have a great impact for the Kingdom.
- That Bingham Academy, our children’s school, would thrive and be a beacon for Christ in Ethiopia. Scott will be leading the Board of the School and Tina provides continued support for the school community.
To get on our newsletter distribution, email email@example.com.
Learn About the Location:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s sprawling capital in the highlands bordering the Great Rift Valley, is the country’s commercial and cultural hub. Its National Museum exhibits Ethiopian art, traditional crafts and prehistoric fossils, including replicas of the famous early hominid, “Lucy.” The burial place of the 20th-century emperor Haile Selassie, copper-domed Holy Trinity Cathedral, is a neo-baroque architectural landmark.
Population: 3.385 million (2008)