Mavuno Church and Chapel Hill Bible Church have partnered together (again) to plant a new church in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Focus Points/Highlights of Ministry:
- Launching a campus outreach program targeting Addis Ababa University students.
- Taking Amharic language version of Rooted to more neighborhoods in Addis.
- Moving the church to a more central location in Addis.
- Pray for the well-being of Ethiopians as the government navigates the current political transition. Pray that they will implement regulations that favor ministry.
- Pray for the registration of Mavuno Church in Ethiopia and for us to get the required permits to enable us live and work in Ethiopia for more than 90 days at a time.
- Pray for material/financial provision to cater for our family needs while we serve Him in Addis.
Learn About the Location:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s sprawling capital in the highlands bordering the Great Rift Valley, is the country’s commercial and cultural hub. Its National Museum exhibits Ethiopian art, traditional crafts and prehistoric fossils, including replicas of the famous early hominid, “Lucy.” The burial place of the 20th-century emperor Haile Selassie, copper-domed Holy Trinity Cathedral, is a neo-baroque architectural landmark.
Population:3.385 million (2008)