Focus Points/Highlights of Your Ministry:
Kitty serves in a Mission Hospital in Maua, Kenya, where she am works along side the Kenyan staff to help develop and build up current programs in the Comprehensive Care Clinic (HIV Clinic) and at the school of nursing in the dual role of administrator-assistant to Deputy Principal and educator-teacher.
Specifically, her roles include:
- Working with the clinic staff to help educate, care for, encourage and empower children/adolescents and their families who are affected and infected with HIV/AIDS B);
- At the school – Administrator/faulty member of the MMH (Maua Methodist Hospital). Her roles at the school of nursing include assistant to the deputy principles office, helping him with different administrative tasks and teaching nursing students.
- Thanksgiving and praise for God’s protection; God provided and guided me to my new home in Kenya and for continued safety, protection and provision.
- That I would continue to adjust and settle into my knew home and Kenyan life well.
- For new discipleship opportunities and continuation of growing my new roles, relationships/friendships in Maua. As well, continuing the growth of the many old friendships that I have in Nairobi.
- Language and culture learning so that I can serve and minister better. I will be going to school April-June 2018 to learn Kiswahili, then continue language learning locally at my ministry location as I serve.
- For my HHH staff, friends/teammates left behind who are now in other places or some still in Yei.
Learn About the Location:
Maua is a town in Meru County, Kenya. From 1992 to 2009, it was the capital of the now defunct Meru North District.